From your foodie friend to the wellness-minded man on your list, here’s our guide to finding the best gifts this year!
In our quest to promote the people, places and positives that set the North apart, we have been extremely fortunate to meet, interview and research businesses throughout the North and beyond. In this guide, we’ve included some of our fav’ local businesses along with our top picks for everyone on your list.
Help support small businesses while sending festive cheer to your friends and family everywhere. You can shop these in-person or online; for pick up or delivery. Some can even be shipped throughout Ontario, across Canada and to the US where noted. Don’t delay — to ensure your gifts arrive on time, order today!
Gifts for the Mind, Body & Soul
Soothing spa options for the wellness-minded, stylish accessories for the trendsetter, and self-care products may just be what Santa ordered! Warm their hearts with these thoughtful gifts:
- R Little Secret Fashions and His Secret Fashions is offering beautiful wool hat and infinity scarf sets! Choose from Burgundy, Teal, Charcoal, Mustard, Light Pink or Rose, $69.00 Each
- BRealStudios has beautiful spa baskets filled with natural products handmade locally. Select your scents, and they will wrap them festively for you!
Andryanna’s Pick: We were introduced to Beautycounter earlier this year and were immediately taken with their clean approach to skin care. After trying the Overnight Resurfacing Peel, I was hooked. It makes my skin glow! I 100% recommend to anyone who loves skin care and is looking for a brighter, healthier looking, renewed complexion. Get 10% off your first purchase when you click through!
Tara’s Pick: Your 10% off savings can be used for anything on the Beautycounter site so it’s a great time to grab gifts for everyone on your list including the special men in your life. Bonus: they can be shipped anywhere in Canada or the US! The men’s section is stocked with full size favourites but we are loving the The Counterman Fresh Essentials kit this holiday. It provides a great opportunity to gift 3 products for under $75 that have a value of $105.
Finds for the Foodie
Add merry to the menu with these foodie finds from across the North! Surprise someone special with culinary creations that have been carefully curated to bring the freshest and finest ingredients the North has to offer.
- White Owl Bistro in North Bay is offering local farm to table gourmet prepared foods, holiday trays and platters for curb side pickup. Want to take it a step further? Try their take home turkey dinners!
- La Fromagerie in Sudbury is featuring festive charcuterie wreaths, trees, and even a vegan cheese board! Not only will these holiday inspired charcuterie boards look beautiful on your dinner table but they are guaranteed crowd pleasers!
- Guilty Pleasures Bake Shop’s hot chocolate bombs are sure to be a hit this holiday season! Available in 6-packs of delectable flavours: white choc peppermint, cookies n crème, ruby raspberry, salted chocolate, milk choc toffee, dark choc mocha. Check out their site for DIY Cookie Kits, Gift Sets, Cupcakes and more!
- Orchard’s Fresh Food Market in North Bay is stocked with a selection of sweet and savoury treats! Candy Trays ($16.99) and Mixed Nut Trays ($19.99) are now available in store.
- Twiggs Coffee Roasters locations are again featuring cute cookies from Amanda’s Homemade Goodies. They also offer catering options and custom gift baskets. Pick yours up or have them delivered in North Bay, Sudbury, Sturgeon Falls or Parry Sound!
- Verdicchio Ristorante has turned their patio into a winter wonderland. Dine-in, take-out or give a gift card to experience traditional flavours while sampling the best from local Northern Ontario growers. Choose from their seasonal al la carte menu and daily features that highlight ingredients grown in their backyard and products crafted in the artisanal method.
Northern H+H Pick: We are big fans of North Bay’s Chuck & Wood! We had the pleasure of interviewing its owner, Terry, and learn more about his process for creating the most beautiful hand-crafted boards, furniture and lifestyle products (post here!). If you know someone who may like to indulge in a glass of wine and charcuterie platter on weekends, be sure to check out the amazing selection of live edge breadstick, charcuterie and cutting boards from Chuck & Wood. Custom engraving available too! Even take it a step further with selection of favourites from Bay Board Charcuterie or LaFromagerie!
For the Beer-Drinker, Wine Lover or Cocktail Connoisseur
Cheers to making spirits bright! Whether you will be toasting the holidays in person or virtually this year, you can gift friends and family with beers, wines and cocktails from the North. Pick these options up locally or ship them where noted:
- Gateway City Brewery and New Ontario Brewing Company both offer free delivery in North Bay and also ship across Ontario!
- 46 North Brewing Company is offering their annual winter ale, Fezztivus! They brewed this years batch with even more ginger, cinnamon and orange than last years. Visit in store for bottle sales, or order online for pick up in Sudbury.
- The Alibi Room has an amazing array of Holiday Mix Kits. These kits are filled with Alibi quality mixes, garnishes and syrups that you can enjoy at home. Each is complete with instructions and even some bartender pro tips all delivered to your door fresh and ready to be stocking stuffed!
- Crosscut Distillery has tasting flights and cocktail sets in-store. Shop their pre-packaged cocktail kits or create your own! Stocking stuffers and more gift ideas are also available online.
- 1886 Lakehouse Bistro in Callander is pairing Prospect Cabernet Merlot with a wine opener kit for only $35! Available to order here along with a selection of other freshly prepared products ready for pick up.
Northern H+H Pick: It’s no secret that we love supporting local businesses! Cute cocktail kits like the “Drink Local” pictured above from Crosscut Distillery make gift giving simple. Check out their other festive favourites like the Frisky Sour or Season for Trees!
Gifts that Give Back
Give to those in need while gifting! If you are making your list and checking it twice, consider purchasing presents that give back to those in need in our communities. The proceeds from the sale of these products support community organizations that need it the most:
- Nippissing Serenity Hospice is benefiting from the sale of these Holiday Cookies for Hospice. Packed and ready to go for only $20! Each pack comes with a dozen assorted cookies of Cranberry Oatmeal, Gingersnap, and Chocolate Sugar Cookies. Available while supplies last To order, call 705-995-3377 ext 1204.
- Crosscut Distillery is offering Christmas cards for a cause! 100% of the proceeds from the Christmas cards will be used to purchase personal hygiene products, socks, hats & mittens for the Off The Street Emergency Shelter. Christmas cards are $5 each, or 3 for $12 and are available online and in store.
Northern H+H Pick: 46 North Brewing Company has debuted “Courage”. This entire batch was created for the HSN Foundation and all proceeds will be donated until the last drop is poured. The goal is raise as much money as possible to help buy a much needed MRI machine. Support the cause by buying a bottle at Forty Six North along with these other local restaurants: Crosscut Distillery, Hardrock 42 Gastropub, Ripe Ripe Restaurant, M.I.C Made in Canada Eatery, The Laughing Buddha, Tony V’s, and Verdicchio Restorante.
For the Fierce Female
Whether a goal-getter, boss babe, or super mom, these are the perfect gifts for the woman who does it all!
- Shop Small Co supports Canadian small businesses through their Shop Small Box. These subscriptions can make a great gift that lasts all year long or they have individual boxes for sale. Use our promo code NORTHERN10 for an exclusive 10% off your purchase. PLUS we are giving away a December box, head to our Instagram for a chance to win!
- Ally & Nicholas Light + Love Desktop + Mobile Presets are designed by this Northern-born power couple to inspire the beauty of human connection and natural light. Add these filters to your photos to achieve your desired look. With two packages to choose from, you can use them enhance your marketing, branding, social media or family photography. Head to their website and use the code NHH10 at check out for 10% off your purchase!
Andryanna’s Pick: If you’re shopping for someone who loves self-help and is looking to crush goals in 2021, the latest from New York Times bestselling author Jen Sincero is an absolute must-have! I love all of the books in the ‘You Are A Badass’ series because Sincero tells it like it is and helps you digest all the big manifestation concepts in a hilarious way. Badass Habits gets to the core of transformation: habits–breaking, making, understanding, and sticking with them like you’ve never stuck before.
Northern H+H Pick: My Baby’s First Love was released earlier this year by Sudbury author, Lauren Perry and Sudbury illustrator, Brittney Smith. This beautiful story “celebrates the universal bond of family and shows love can be presented in the most unexpected ways”. It’s also “a true reminder that parents’ courageous efforts do not go unnoticed”. All parents and guardians will love reading each and every word, while little ones will adore the beautiful images on each page!
How are you spending the Holidays? Drop us a note, we’d love to hear from you! Sending lots of love for a healthy and happy Holiday Season!
In celebrating the people, places and positives that set the North apart our editors naturally review products and make recommendations. If you make a purchase by clicking one of our links, we may earn a small share of the revenue. This will help subsidize the copious amounts of coffee and tea we go through while creating Northern-inspired content. Trust that any compensation received will never influence Northern Heart + Home. We only feature items we love and think you will too!